Friday, January 27, 2006

Information on Robert Taylor Biographical Research Report

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am writing a biographical research report on Robert S. Taylor for my Foundations of Librarianship (ILS503) class. I will include journal-type entries to document my research.

Robert Saxton Taylor - born 1918.

Worked at both Lehigh University (as Librarian and Director of the Library Center and Professor of Language and Communications) and Syracuse University (as Professor and Dean).

Published in area of user studies - known for "value-added approach" to information services.

Awards - 1972 American Society for Information Science Best Information Science Book, was appointed Fulbright Lecturer in 1965.

Was president of American Society for Information Science in 1968

biographical information taken from http://www.unc.edu/~fazel/taylor.html - accessed on 1/27/06.

No comments: