Tuesday, April 25, 2006

One class down . . . One to go

I finished my term project for ILS504 - Reference and Information Resources and Services. I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. YEAH!!! I turned it in on Sunday evening (April 24th) and had an incredible feeling of joy. Finishing work for a class is a wonderful feeling. Of course, I cannot bask in the glory because I have another project due for ILS503 - Foundations of Librarianship on April 29th. I have to get cracking to make sure that everything is in order for that. However, for right now, I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. YEAH!!!!!

My term project for ILS 504 was to design a library instruction class. I chose to design a class geared to teaching college upper classmen how to use federal government sources, specifically census resources, to complete a research project that required statistical evaluation. I mentioned previously that I love government documents. I worked as a gov docs assistant at a Federal Depository Library for 4 year (plus 3 years of work study while in college). I figured that my previous knowledge of gov docs would allow me to spend more time on the actual design of the project. I hope that this is the case. It was a fun project - yet, I'm psyched to be done. The final project is available online in my eportfolio.

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!

No comments: